Mary's Busy Kitchen

Mary's Busy Kitchen

TDM CCN Header

Follow Me At

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Quick & Easy Allergy Friendly French Toast - with Gluten Free option




No eggs or dairy needed! 



Mmmm...
My husband is crazy about French Toast, he would probably eat it every day.  Here is a recipe that is so delicious you may want to do just that! It's also very quick and easy to put together....so let's get started! And since it is allergy friendly, everybody in the family can enjoy it.


Quick & Easy Allergy Friendly French Toast               Serves 4
1 cup soy milk, or other non-dairy milk.
1/3 cup flour, any gluten free is fine too.
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
8 slices of bread (your choice) gluten free if necessary.
1-2 Tbsp butter, non-dairy substitute,  or canola oil.
toppings of your choice

In a shallow bowl or pie plate whisk together all ingredients. Let sit about 3 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium high. Heat a thin layer of the butter, non-dairy substitute, or oil.
Dip bread one slice at a time into mixture, coating both sides.
Place bread on hot griddle or pan and cook until golden on both sides. About 3-4 minutes per side. 
Serve up!
If you need to keep the cooked french toast warm until all 8 pieces are ready, a warm oven at 225 works great. Make sure to use an oven safe plate or platter.


Dip bread in mixture, coating both sides.




Cook in a large frying pan, turning to brown both sides to a nice golden brown.





Serve it whole stacked up.......


                       or cut bread in half to serve.




Top with syrup, fruit, nut butters or all three!

5 comments:

  1. Hi!!
    I wanted to email you, but I couldn't find an email address. I found your blog last night and I love it, however, is there anyway possible I can search your blog instead of going through page after page??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber,
    I'm glad you found my blog. I've heard some people have had trouble because of a similar blog name, Mary's Busy In The Kitchen. Thank you for the compliment, I always feel like I am running a race behind my blog and can never catch up…Lol. I love sharing though. I have wanted to add a way to search my recipes but haven't been able to get that together yet. One idea that might be a little more helpful in locating a recipe is to go to Pinterest. Most of my recipes are on my, Mary's Busy Kitchen board. Click on a picture and it should go right to the recipe. And I have tried to add an email option, but I have been having some serious complications lately with my blog. I am planning on hiring a professional web designer this summer and really pull things together. Let me know if you have any questions! Hope you like the french toast : ) Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am eating it now LOL. This is my second batch. The first batch was used with Coconut flour and I recommend not to do so as it doesn't work with Coconut flour.

      Thank you!!!
      Finally- I left comments on your blog using " Name/Url" as Amber, however, I have also used " Aim" and it publishes with a very long, weird name. That is me. I just don't want you think that person is Spam.

      Delete
  3. Amber, I have used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour, Pamela's Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix, and a couple others and have had great success. I haven't used just coconut though…that's interesting it didn't work, darn! Bob's Red Mill is suppose to be corn free. Be sure to let it sit for a few minutes after mixing it all together so it can thicken a tad. Have you tried Namaste Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend? This mix is corn free as well.I will get the corn free biscuit recipe to you today as well. Mary

    ReplyDelete