Thursday, October 13, 2011

Banana Nut Pancakes



















I woke up this morning craving pancakes.

I also like to top a plain pancake with bananas and nuts....oh, this is fantastic. Then add a little pure maple syrup and you won't be able to stop at one!!

This is my favorite gluten free pancake mix because you just add water.  No eggs and dairy!
This mix also has no added sugar, so I would feel comfortable using it in a yeast free diet.  Most important though... it taste just like regular pancakes!

Did I mention fat free? Yup, and you will never miss it.

I love nuts, I add them to just about everything I bake. So it only makes sense to add them to pancakes. I make a bowl of regular pancake mix for my husband and The Cravings Place, gluten free, All-Purpose Pancake & Waffle Mix for myself. I add cut up bananas and chopped walnuts to each of the mixes. I find the pancakes take a little longer to cook with the added ingredients, so make sure you let them get nice and bubbly on top before turning them over in the pan. They should be nice and golden brown when they are flipped.

Here is another delicious option...add sliced bananas and chocolate chips in the middle. I use allergy friendly chocolate chips by Enjoy Life.




















And don't you think peanut butter or sunflower butter with bananas is great on pancakes too?

Be sure to make extra and freeze them for a delicious quick breakfast when you are short on time.




Here's my favorite way to freeze pancakes so they don't stick together:
cool completely on a wire rack, then layer them in a freezer bag with wax paper in between each layer of pancakes.

Label the bags and they are ready for the freezer.  Microwave or toast when you are ready to eat one, toasting gives a little crunchier option....great with nut butters and jam.



















Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment