Friday, February 3, 2012

Seasoned Chicken Breast








I like to have food on hand and available when I'm short on time. One of the most useful foods I can think of to have on hand is precooked and cubed seasoned chicken. I keep it in the freezer at all times, and when I run out it is the first thing back in the oven.

This recipe is delicious right out of the oven for dinner or cubed and used in enchiladas, tacos, nachos, soups, chicken alfredo or salads. It is very easy and pretty much mess free.

Here is what you will need:
Chicken breasts, I use frozen ones. Since I live in a small town I buy in large quantities.

 I like to bake two large baking sheets full at a time. I also like to line my baking sheets with foil for easy clean up. And it is recyclable.

Next you will need McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning and if it is available to you Kroger Grill Time Chicken seasoning. From my research these are gluten free. Some McCormick spices do have gluten so you have to read the label carefully or look it up on the internet. I usually do both.

If you can only get the McCormick in your area don't worry, that is the most important one. The chicken will be great with just that one. You will simply shake the spices over one side of the chicken.





That's pretty easy right?  I like easy. Next you will take another piece of foil and cover the chicken while you bake it for the first 40min.

Bake chicken in a 375 oven. Again, keep covered for the first 40 min. Remove from oven and remove the foil from the top. Turn chicken breasts over and season the new side. If there is a lot of moisture in the bottom of the pan don't worry just leave it there around the chicken, it will cook away. Return to oven and keep uncovered this time. Bake for 20 more min. or until there is no pink on the inside.

Serve now, or cut in cubes to freeze for later.  It just takes a couple minutes in the microwave to defrost a small bag of the chicken cubes for one or two people.  I hope you find this recipe as useful as I do. Weight Watcher Points Plus are the same as plain chicken, 1 point per ounce.




















Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment