Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gluten & Yeast Free Favorite Seasoning For Ground Meat



 I really can not recommend a better all around excellent seasoning for ground meat than this recipe. I have never purchased another packaged seasoning mix, since I started making this.

This seasoning will work with ground turkey, ground beef and ground pork as well. I use it in ground pork for pizza. I like the seasoned ground turkey and beef for tacos, burritos, nachos, and in soup... some like it right out of the pan with a big spoon. My family absolutely loves it. I always make a double batch so I have it on hand in the freezer in single serving containers.

Those that count weight watcher points - each ounce is 1 point.

Ingredients for seasoning:
2 tsp minced onion flakes
1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2-2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp dried oregano

First I brown the ground turkey, beef or pork. Then I put it in a strainer to drain any grease, and leave it there while preparing the seasoning.

In the same skillet add all the seasoning ingredients.
Let cook a couple minutes.

Then add the meat back in and cook together for about 3-5 minutes to blend the flavors.

It's ready!!  It's fast, simple and very versatile. Use right away or store in freezer containers to use later.




















Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment