Sunday, March 18, 2012

Keep Salads and salad fixings fresh longer.





















This is such a fantastic idea I just had to share it with as many people as I could!!







Storing your pre-made salad for the week in a wide mouth mason jar at first seemed a little crazy to me. But I decided to give it a try because I make a huge salad every week and usually store it in recycled freezer bags. (Which works pretty well)  But...I have to admit, this keeps the vegetables fresh even longer. Sometimes I  lose track of how long the salad greens have actually been in the refrigerator, because they still look as fresh as the day I prepared them.  It's also nice because they are very visible when you open the refrigerator and it is a quick reminder to eat them!





















I have used this technique for lettuce, kale, sliced carrots, cucumbers, mushroom and of course fresh prepared salad. My biggest problem has been not having enough jars!! Give this a try, I think you will be amazed.


No comments:

Post a Comment