Saturday, March 17, 2012

A tasty and easy cheesecake that is on the lighter side.








You will have to excuse the photo of my crumbling crust, as my tasters got over anxious and got to my pie before I did and I was left with "crumbs" for my photo shot : ) the important thing is, that they all loved it.
I made this recipe especially for my sister who is doing the Weight Watcher Plus Program. She is also gluten free but the recipe can be made with regular graham crackers as well without a point change. The total points for each piece of this cheese cake with the topping is 5. The topping is mostly fruit, but since it is in a recipe the points are added in. Without the fruit topping the point value is 3. And as a reminder, these are my calculations according to current nutritional values available.






2 (8oz) pkgs light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla
Crust:
4 Tbl Smart Balance 
Topping:
4 cups frozen berries of your choice (I prefer a mix of raspberries, boysenberries, blackberries or blueberries) defrosted.
1/2 Tbl corn starch
4 Tbl sugar free jam any berry flavor (I used Smucker's Red Raspberry)
Preheat oven to 350. 

In a small bowl
Add:
crushed graham crackers
1 Tbl brown sugar
4 Tbl melted Smart Balance
Mix with a fork.

Press into the bottom of a 9" pie plate.

In a medium size bowl
Add:
Softened cream cheese and splenda. Beat well with mixer.
Add egg whites and vanilla. Mix well.

Pour into prepared crust.  

Bake for 25-30 min depending on oven. Check after 20min. Cake will spring back when gently touched.  
Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Chill in refrigerator for several hours.

Fruit Topping:
In a small sauce pan pour juice from frozen berries. Add corn starch and jam. Mix well. Heat over medium high heat stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and add berries. Mix well. Chill until ready to use.
Cut chilled cheesecake into 8 equal pieces, add topping to each slice if desired. I hope you enjoy this recipe. My tasters for this recipe ranged from ages 26yrs to 72yrs, and only one is following weight watchers. They all loved it, I hope you do too! 



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment