Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Make Your Own Low Fat Peanut Butter

I love peanut butter and nut butters, but I don't love the high fat and the points add up too quickly for my weight watcher friends.

Luckily I discovered, Better'n Peanut Butter, a light version of peanut butter.












I started experimenting a little.

 I didn't really like the texture and taste of this product alone, or as a complete replacement for nut butters. But... I found if you mixed it with regular peanut butter, or another nut butter (equal parts of each), the end product is great.

You can reduce the total fat per serving by 7 grams.  If you are following weight watchers…the points go down from 5 points to 3.5 per serving, without sacrificing the taste.  And I'm picky!

I really think you should try this soon! Equal parts of any nut butter or peanut butter and Better'n Peanut Butter.  Mix well.  Store your mixture in the refrigerator.


Here I am mixing some right in my tablespoon measure, because I just needed a small amount for a waffle. Half a tablespoon of each.   Simple, lowfat, and gluten free!




 And it is ok to bake with this product.  I haven't tried baking with this yet, but I did use some in my chocolate bon bons, Lucille's Bon Bons.

Enjoy and experiment!




2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Better'n Peanut Butter but I did finally order PB2...1 point per serving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried them both. I think this one is better for baking and melting, but I like the PB2 for dipping!

    ReplyDelete