Thursday, May 3, 2012

Granola With Quinoa Flakes





















Supercharge yourself with my new granola.  I almost called it Quinola!
I have been trying to add more Quinoa to my diet, and thought it would be a natural ingredient in my granola recipe.

This is another granola we like at our house along with my daughter's, Fit & Fab Granola, I posted earlier. This granola has a few more ingredients, and will make a large batch that can be stored in an airtight container for weeks.


Granola With Quinoa Flakes
6 cups (Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats if needed)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup quinoa flakes
2 cups bran flakes (corn or amaranth flakes for gluten free)
1 cup grape nuts (Perky's Crunchy Flax for gluten free)
1 cup shredded coconut (check label for gluten)
1 cup salted mixed nuts, chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cup raisins and/or dried cranberries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey (brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup for vegan)
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 325      You will need  two large baking sheets with edges prepared with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, including raisins and nuts. Stir well.
In a small bowl combine oil, honey or syrup, and vanilla. Whisk quickly to combine.
Pour immediately over dry ingredients and stir well to cover all the granola.
Divide granola and spread evenly on prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes stirring about 3 times.
Remove from oven and let sit until room temperature.
When completely cool store your granola in an airtight container.



This is delicious and full of nutrients.
I like to add a sliced banana on top of my bowl of granola too. My husband likes to add fresh blueberries when in season.

Don't wait for breakfast.....try some now!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment