Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More Delicious Muffins..... Banana Chunks & Nuts Muffins - Gluten Free





The chunks of bananas inside these muffins make it extra special. I love these muffins! And I thought the Tasty Quinoa Muffins, were my new favorite.....now I am equally thrilled with these.

I found this recipe on the back of the Pamela's Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix package. I made a couple changes, so if you want the original you can find it on the package, they are called Pamela's Muffins.  For my version, read on…

Please note: Pamela's Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix contains cultured buttermilk.

Banana Chunks & Nuts Muffins - Gluten Free      Makes 12 muffins
2 1/2 cups Pamela's Mix - I have had great results using this product with this recipe.
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp water
2/3 cup honey  - I have not had good results with other sweeteners.
2 eggs (or egg replacer)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped bananas
1/4 cup chopped walnuts - optional
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips - optional (I use Enjoy Life brand dairy, nut & soy free)

Preheat oven to 350
Spray muffin tins with a nonstick spray.
In a large mixing bowl:
Add Pamela's Mix, chopped nuts, and chocolate chips (optional)


In a small mixing bowl:
Add- water, honey, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
Add to dry mix, stir well.


Fold in bananas.
Spoon into muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes, ovens may vary.






















I added chocolate chips to half of my muffins, they were as moist and sweet as a piece of cake.
For those counting weight watcher points,  each muffin without chocolate chips is 5 points.
For each muffin with chocolate chips count 6 points.

Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment