Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Breast




















I have literally eaten this recipe every night and even for lunch since the day I made it. I can not believe how delicious it is. My family happened to be visiting the night I made it, and every single person loved it.  Thank you Snack-Girl, another great idea from your blog, www.snack-girl.com.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly I have to admit... I love Pace The Original Picante Sauce - Medium flavor, and so without a doubt knew I needed nothing more than that and chicken breasts. I poured the whole 33 oz container over about 6-8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts in a slow cooker and let it cook on high for about 4 hours. The result is a new favorite for sure. Moist and flavorful.



 Remove from slow cooker with tongs and set in a large flat pan that will give you room to work.


















With a knife and fork, chicken should shred easily, or leave in larger pieces.


 

 I have had this meat in salads, in tacos, on nachos and in enchiladas. And I am still not tired of it yet!
 You have got to try it.

Weight watchers can simply add 1 point per ounce of meat.

Folks with food allergies can find a salsa (or make one) that is appropriate for their specific allergies to substitute Pace, if necessary.  Pace is gluten free for those with gluten sensitivities.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment