Thursday, February 2, 2017

Perfect Salads - Dressing Up An Every Day Salad With The Fresh Fruits Of The Season




















I love to add fresh fruits to my greens.
I try to eat a giant salad of greens and raw vegetables for one meal a day. I like to add a large variety of raw vegetables to my salads. I combine about 7 or more different raw vegetables including romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, mushrooms, cabbage and purple onion.





I also add garbanzo beans, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. During the winter months I enjoy grapes and oranges on my salads, but in the summer my salad rises to a whole new level with fresh berries, cherries and kiwi. The variety of flavors and textures are fantastic, sweet, crunchy, chewy.... and this is so great for our bodies.




















Instead of unhealthy croutons, I crunch up Trader Joe's Lentil Chips, Sea Salt & Black Pepper flavor.  These chips are full of flavor and baked with only 3 grams of fat per serving.




I make a giant salad once or twice a week and store the whole thing in a recycled lettuce or spinach container or fill mason jars, as you can see in my Food Tips. This keeps my salad as fresh as the day I made it. I don't add the beans, sunflower seeds or fruit until ready to serve.



















Meat eaters can add cut up leftover chicken and turkey with some cheese as another addition to a salad.





And finally in this salad I've added sweet peppers cut in rings, mushrooms, garbanzo beans, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and a yummy quinoa & brown rice mix from Seeds of Change. Love this one! 



There are so many options it's fun to experiment, and the salads are gorgeous as well as nutritious!

So, come on!    Eat those greens!!





No comments:

Post a Comment