Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Kayaking On The Salmon River

If you haven't had a chance to visit one of Oregon's beautiful beaches I highly recommend it.



My husband is unloading the kayaks. This is only our 3rd or 4th time using them. So far we are really enjoying them.  I am heading down the river towards the mouth of the ocean.  



Here is a gorgeous view from the river. One of the neat things about a kayak is you can take them places you wouldn't normally be able go by car or foot.



We left our kayaks here while we took a walk on the beach. Here you can see a nice view of the Salmon River.


My husband is standing on one end of this gorgeous secluded beach.  Behind him is a place called, Cascade Head,  a neat place to take a hike.




A longer shot of the beach looking at the same area where my husband was standing, and another look at Cascade Head.



And this is the other side of the beach.  Here you can see the entrance to the ocean.



I've heard people say Oregon's beaches aren't that great and kind of dreary. Hey, sometimes it's cloudily here, this is true. But on a clear day.... I think Oregon beaches are amazing. One of my favorite places on earth!


  And by the way, cloudy days at the coast are cozy and it's fun to watch the storms.

Come visit one of the many beaches in Oregon, sometime....I think you will like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment