Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tasty Veggi Burgers




What a great discovery this recipe turned out to be. My whole family liked these veggi burgers and even the leftovers disappeared.

The recipe is from yummly.com, the only thing I changed was a green bell pepper instead of a red one and I made 5 patties instead of 4.

Tasty Veggi Burgers         Makes 4-5 burgers
2 cups red kidney beans (drained) I've also used 1 -1/2 cup pinto beans with 1/4 cup garbanzo
1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 bell pepper, red or green
1garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp ketchup (sugar free for yeast free diet)
3/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor, mix with pulses until chopped and mixed well, not completely pureed.


Shape into 4 or 5 patties. Place patties on a broiler pan that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
Broil 4-6 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until patties are thoroughly heated, turning once.
Serve up with your favorite fixings.

*These can also be precooked to help hold their shape in a skillet or on a griddle before broiling. (I  have gotten so I always precook them and broil the last few minutes)

To reheat leftovers use the microwave or my favorite way is to reheat them under the broiler a couple minutes. I often take them cold in my lunch.

If you count weight watcher points...these are 4 points each if recipe is divided into 4 patties, and 3.3 points each if recipe is divided into 5 patties.


After processing ingredients form patties.






Place patties on a broiler pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.




Broil 4-6 inches from heat for about 10 minutes, turning once.

Serve up in a bun, regular or gluten free.  I love how fast these burgers can be prepared too!!





No comments:

Post a Comment