Friday, August 10, 2012

Tilapia Tacos/Burritos


I wasn't really crazy about fish tacos until my daughter made these for dinner one night.  Maybe it's the seasoning or maybe it's the fact that Tilapia is one of my favorite types of fish, I just know these are crazy good!

The three of us each ate our Tilapia Tacos/Burritos differently. My daughter had hers as a burrito bowl, which included the fish, Spanish Rice, sautéed onions and peppers, refried beans, and guacamole.

Try to get some of everything on your fork!!

I skipped the onions and peppers and added salsa and chips to mine. (oops forgot to take a picture before I ate it all)

My husband filled a soft tortilla with sautéed green peppers, guacamole, and seasoned fish.

Then added the rice and beans on the side.

However you choose to mix and match this yummy dinner I am sure it will satisfy your tastebuds!

Tilapia Tacos/Burritos
Defrost 5 Tilapia Fillets (if frozen)
Spray a medium to large frying pan with olive oil or add 1 Tbsp. to your pan. Cook Tilapia until done, breaking up into pieces as it cooks.
Add all the following seasonings and mix well:
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
That's it....too simple isn't it?

This is a healthy choice for you and your family, I hope you enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment