Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Anytime Nut Butter, Chip & Oat Cookies









Mmmm! I love these cookies!


This recipe idea is taken from  a "healthy cookbook" called, Forks over Knives The Cookbook.  If you haven't read the book, Forks Over Knives or watched the DVD, I highly suggest it.

Weight watchers count 2 points per cookie.






















Anytime Nut Butter, Chip & Oat Cookies             Makes about 22 cookies
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup nut butter any flavor (original recipe uses almond, I used 1/2 almond and 1/2 sunflower seed)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if needed.
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sorghum flour (or any other healthy type is fine)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life, a dairy free product)

Preheat oven to 350.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl add applesauce, nut butter, sugar, flaxseeds, and vanilla.  Mix well.
Add oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in sorghum (or other) flour.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoon full onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten cookies.
Bake for 10 minutes. For a crunchier cookie bake 12 minutes or longer.
Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.






Mmmm...chewy inside.


I hope you enjoy every bite of these delicious cookies.










2 comments:

  1. So my husband reminded me we were out of cookies. He told me he was craving chocolate. I went to the store and was quickly reminded about all the unhealthy crap that is in most store bought cookies. I told myself I was NOT going to buy any prepackaged, boxed ect cookies and make some homemade w/healthy ingredients. SO...I found this recipe here on Mary's Busy Kitchen and LOVE the results. I used Almond Butter for my nut butter and Almond flour instead of Sorghum Flour and boy are they tasty! My husband totally enjoyed and requested I make them again. :-) Thanks Miss Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina - these are a favorite at our house too! I'm so glad you enjoyed them. I like your ingredient combination, thanks for sharing!! These really are healthier than most for sure. Take care!

    ReplyDelete