Friday, September 21, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

I was in the mood for something with a little pumpkin flavor. It needed to be more of a treat than a muffin.  Something not too high in calories, but still enjoyable. 




I found this recipe on the blog, Gluten Free with a Purpose. I had to omit the egg,  I substituted with Ener- G Egg Replacer. For the chocolate chips I used a non-dairy, gluten free brand called, Enjoy Life, and I did increase the amount of chocolate. I like to get chocolate in every bite of my cookie.

Weight watchers can count each cookie at 2.3 points.



Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies          Makes about 20 cookies
1/4 cup butter softened (or any butter substitute)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup gluten free flour mix (Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free baking mix worked great)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum  (if using Pamela's gluten free baking mix don't add this ingredient)
1 egg (or egg replacer)
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
(raisins, pecans, walnuts etc.... are other options)

Preheat oven to 375.  Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl: 
Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg or egg replacer, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix well.
Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips or other options.
Drop by 1 1/2 Tbsp onto prepared baking sheets.  Bake for  10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.

Dough will appear thick and somewhat paste like before baking.







 Mmmm....tender and chocolatey.  I will for sure make these again.





 I freeze my cookies to keep them as fresh as possible until I have a craving again. This way I can have a different cookie every day as fresh as the day they were made.


Now to use the rest of that can of pumpkin......I'm thinking muffins!


3 comments:

  1. These were delicious! Thanks for the recipe, the family ate all of them the same night they were baked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Cassidy, I am so glad your family liked them. I can hardly resist them fresh baked as well. Take care.

      Delete