Friday, October 21, 2016

GF Chocolate Chip & Raisin Pumpkin Cookies




 I love raisins in muffins and cookies. This seemed like the perfect cookie for raisins, but I also liked the chocolate with the pumpkin....solution was to add both.

I probably will make them like this from now on.  

GF Chocolate Chip & Raisin Pumpkin Cookies
1/2 cup butter softened (or any butter substitute)
1 cup sugar, or any dry sweetener.  (I use coconut sugar or beet sugar)
2 cups gluten free flour mix.  see * below
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
2 eggs (or egg replacer) I used Enger-G Egg Replacer.
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 375.  Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl:
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs or egg replacer, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix well.

Stir in dry ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
Drop by small cookie scoops (about 2 Tbls) onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set.

Cool on wire racks.

Store in an airtight container or in freezer bags, my favorite way.
I hope you love them!

* One of my favorite cookie flour combinations is equal parts brown rice flour and garbanzo bean flour.
   I use it quite often in my cookie recipes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment