Friday, November 2, 2012

Tuna Chicken Supper - "That's What She Calls It"



I know what you are thinking, but seriously this is delicious.  I am not a casserole fan at all, but there are two that I truly love. One is Good Old Fashioned Mac & Cheese, the other is this Tuna Chicken Super, my mom made this on a weekly basis when we were growing up. 

The onion and green pepper are not overpowering at all, in fact I didn't even know the onion was an ingredient until I was old enough to make it myself.  

I can't eat this anymore due to my food allergies, but if you know anyone who can...make it for them.
Note: This is not gluten free

Weight Watcher Points Plus followers add 8 points plus for each serving.  Hey...what are those extra points for, right?

Tuna Chicken Super             Serves 4
1 cup macaroni
1/2 cup onion, chopped finely 
1/4 cup green pepper, small pieces
2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 Tbs flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 - 6 1/2oz can tuna, drained

Preheat oven to 350
Cook macaroni about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Saute onion and pepper in oil a few minutes. Add flour and blend. Add milk and mix well with a whisk.
Cook stirring constantly until thickens. Add soup and tuna. Mix well.
Add macaroni and mix well.  Pour into casserole dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.




Steps:

Saute onions and peppers in oil.

Add flour and blend.

Stir in milk. Cook to thicken.


Add canned soup and tuna, mix well.





Stir in cooked macaroni, mix well.


Pour into casserole dish and bake 30 min.


Remove from oven and dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment