Saturday, September 10, 2016

GF Trail Mix Krispie Treat Treasures





Here is a fun new twist on krispie rice treats.

I've seen a lot of variations to the original recipe, but this one really grabbed my attention since I love dried cranberries and chocolate!  I found this recipe on the back of the Ocean Spray Craisins bag, they called it, Trail Mix Treasures. But I made some changes for my gluten free friends (and myself). 


GF Trail Mix Krispie Treat Treasures               Makes a 9"x13" pan of treats
1/4 cup butter or butter substitute
40 regular or 5 cups miniature marshmallows,  Vegans use Dandies Brand
5 cups crispy rice cereal (regular if GF isn't necessary)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Prepare 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large saucepan melt butter or butter substitute. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
Remove from heat and stir in krispie rice cereal, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Add 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips, stir to just mix in.
Press into prepared 9"x13" baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips  over top and press them in slightly.
Let cool. Cut into whatever size treats you like!
Store in an air tight container for several days.





Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment