Monday, April 15, 2013

Seasoned Baked Potatoes



These are so good that I haven't made a potato without this seasoning since my daughter told me about it!
While doing some traveling over spring break, she had a baked potato that was seasoned on the outside. We decided it sounded similar to McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning. I know this is gluten free and I can't find anything that says it isn't vegan. If someone knows differently please let me know.

This is how I use it to bake a potato:
Preheat oven to 375.
Wash and dry a nice big potato.



Pierce with a fork and place in microwave on a potato setting.
Remove potato from microwave and rub entire potato with about 1 tsp Earth Balance or butter.
Shake seasoning on both sides of potato.
Place in oven on a baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes, or  until outside is nice a crispy.
Remove potato from oven and eat with favorite toppings.
Or just bake the entire time in the oven for an hour after seasoning.


I even take cold leftover potatoes in my lunch. I don't even need toppings, I just slice them and the seasoning on the outside is all the flavor I need.



Weight Watcher Point Plus followers just add the points for your potato and the tsp of butter or use a light butter to coat the outside. No points are added for the seasoning. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment