Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Favorite Fat Free Potato Snack Or Side Dish




I love these!!  I have them almost every single day after work.  They are quick, healthy and  keep me satisfied until dinner. 


Add some sea salt and dip in ketchup....share with someone or eat them all yourself!!


If you count weight watcher points, count according to the size of your potato. A medium potato would be 4 points. Maybe try a sugar free ketchup to keep points down. I like Heinz Reduced Sugar ketchup, which is gluten free as well.

On  Sunday, I bake myself about 5-6 large potatoes, Costco's are perfect).  Store them in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag.  I put all 5-6 in the same bag. Then throughout the week I slice up one potato a day and enjoy this nutritious, low fat snack. 

Slice into 1/4-3/8" slices with a sharp knife.


Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with a nonstick spray.



Broil until nicely browned and flip each piece over.


Shake some sea salt over the slices if desired, and continue to broil.



When both sides are nice and brown and just a bit crunchy remove from oven and serve. Sometimes I flip them twice because I like mine very brown and a bit crunchy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment