Sunday, August 4, 2013

GF Chocolate-Oatmeal-Coconut No Bake Cookies


I could almost call these candy.  I'm actually in a bit of a sugar spin right now because I couldn't keep my fingers out of the bowl.  And then I offered some to my husband, and he threatened to eat the whole batch!


Add in dried cherries?   Mmmm... I think that would be good!  Maybe next time.














































Weight watchers count these cookies at 5.2 points each.

GF Chocolate-Oatmeal-Coconut No Bake Cookies                    Makes 24 Cookies
1/2 cup butter or a non dairy substitute like Earth Balance.
2 cups granulated sugar or beet sugar.
1/2 cup milk or non dairy substitute, I used soy milk.
4 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups quick cooking gluten free oats, use regular quick cooking oats if gluten free is not needed.
1/2 cup coconut


Lay out a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface.
In a medium size saucepan add butter, sugar and milk. Melt together and bring to a rolling boil. Stirring constantly boil for one full minute. Remove from heat and add cocoa, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir well. Add oats and coconut, mix well.  Place small scoops onto wax paper and slightly flatten.  Let sit to cool and set.



Store cookies in an airtight container or freeze.







Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment