Saturday, October 5, 2013

GF Banana-Oat Muffins with Stevia Blend





I mentioned I would be experimenting with Stevia, and I have found that Stevia Baking Blend is a really easy product to work with in baking. I used it in these banana muffins and was thrilled with the results. I used  coconut oil, egg replacer, and my favorite... Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. But many of my gluten free flour combinations would be fine as well.

The original recipe is from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/quick-easy-banana-oat-muffins

These muffins have 4.6 points each if following Weight Watcher Points Plus.

GF Banana-Oat Muffins with Stevia Blend            Recipe makes about 7 muffins
2 bananas, mashed or 3/4 cup
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 egg or egg replacer (I used Ener-G Brand)
1/2 cup soy milk, or any type
3/4 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup gluten free flour blend, or a gluten free flour combination.
1/2 cup gluten free quick cooking oats
1/4 cup NuNatural Stevia Baking Blend, or regular sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375.  Prepare a muffin tin with a non stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl combine mashed bananas, coconut oil, egg or egg replacer, milk or milk replacer, and vanilla. Mix well.
In a small bowl combine flour, oats, stevia blend, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, and salt.  Add dry ingredients to banana mixture, and stir to mix. Spoon into muffin tin and bake for about 18 minutes.

Chopped nuts and raisins are always options as well.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment