Monday, November 25, 2013

GF Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin & Oat Cookies



Do you like a soft chewy cookie that is exploding with flavor? I sure do, and apparently my husband does too. When he came in for lunch off the farm, he starting eating one after another. And... in-between bites asking me what they were!

Look close…can you see that wonderful crackle on top? That usually means the cookie is nice to bite into.  And this one is. The original recipe called for just chocolate chips, but I have this thing for pumpkin, chocolate, and raisins. So I added raisins to mine also.





 So, are you ready to stack some up for yourself?

I found this recipe on a fun, creative blog, www.sweetestsomethings.com/. Check it out if you haven't already, she has some wonderful ideas to share.

I had to change the recipe just a bit for my food issues, but if you want the original recipe click on the link above.

Weight Watcher Points Plus followers count 6 points for large cookies and 3 points for small cookies.

GF Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin & Oat Cookies             
This recipe makes 28 large cookies or 56 small ones.  
3 cups gluten free flour, I used Namaste Foods Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend
1 cup old fashioned gluten free oats.
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp xanthan gum - unless it is included in a flour mix. It is in the Namaste Brand that I used.
1 cup butter, softened...or a butter substitute like Earth Balance.
1 cup granulated sugar, I used coconut sugar.
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg or egg replacer, I used Enger-G Brand.
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2-3/4 cup raisins
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, Enjoy Life is a great allergy friendly brand.

Preheat oven to 350.
In a small bowl add dry ingredients, first 6 items. Mix.
In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy. 
Add egg or egg replacer, pumpkin, and vanilla; mix well.
Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.

On an un-greased or silicone lined baking sheet, drop cookies into rounds. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.

These are delicious right out of the oven of course, but guess what? I love my cookies frozen so all of mine are in the freezer. They are chewy and flavorful even when frozen!



Enjoy!


Even your pets will thank you for these cookies!



No comments:

Post a Comment