Sunday, January 26, 2014

Anytime Gluten Free Crispy-Oat Cookies












How many favorite cookies can one person have? 

Well, I love these!! They are chewy and a bit crunchy all at once, with just a hint of chocolate.


Of course they are gluten free, egg free and dairy free!!

The original recipe I have now altered at least three times is called, Anytime Nut Butter, Chip & Oat Cookies.

Weight watchers count each cookie at 3.2 points each.

Anytime Gluten Free Crispy-Oat Cookies             Makes 27 cookies
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup nut butter, any flavor  (I used sunflower seed butter)
3/4 cup sugar, any granulated or dry type. I used coconut sugar.
2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
4 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup rolled oats (old fashioned) I used gluten free.
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sorghum flour (or any other healthy type)
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal, gluten free if needed
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
2-3 Tbsp's cacao nibs (I used TerrAmazon Raw Organic


Preheat oven to 350. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
In a large mixing bowl add applesauce, nut butter, sugar, flaxseeds, and vanilla. Mix well.
Add oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in sorghum flour, or whatever you choose.
Stir in chocolate chips and cacao nibs.


Spoon about 2 Tbsp of dough onto baking sheets. Place about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Longer for a crunchier cookie.  Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.



I suggest storing them in the freezer unless they will be eaten in the first couple days. I found the shelf life is not as long as some cookies. But…I've got to tell you, these cookies are amazing frozen…what a tasty treat!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment