Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gluten Free Cornbread


I had a little help from a package mix on this cornbread. My family was visiting and my mom made  a big pot of chili. My job was to make cornbread.  A couple of us are gluten free, egg free and dairy free, which meant I needed to make two separate pans. 

I had been given this gluten free cornbread mix from a friend,  Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix. This seemed like a perfect time to give it a try. 

The results were outstanding! Nice full pieces to bite into, not flat flavorless pieces that were more like a biscotti cornbread cookie. Nothing against biscotti…it just doesn't meet my requirements for cornbread. 

I substituted Ener-G Egg Replacer for the eggs and used soy milk for the milk. Any non-dairy substitute will work.  

The pieces of cornbread looked so much like the regular cornbread, people had to ask which one was gluten free.  We know that is always a good sign!!

So if you like your cornbread like I do, try this next time you get the craving. …or am I making you crave it right now?

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment