Monday, January 27, 2014

Roasted Fresh Brussels Sprouts


Yum, fresh brussels sprouts seasoned and roasted. That's the only way I will eat them! Asparagus is delicious roasted too!  But brussels are my favorite.


I usually just rinse the brussels sprouts and remove loose outer leaves, then dry them off on a towel.  After rinsing and drying the asparagus, I break them in half using the top half.  The goats get the bottom half : )
 

Place fresh vegetables in a large bowl add toss with 1 Tbl olive oil. When they are well coated shake some sea salt or McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning, in and toss some more.




Place vegetables on a large baking sheet prepared with Pam, even though there is oil on the vegetables I still coat the baking sheet with Pam.





Roast brussels sprouts on the pure convection setting at 400. If you do not have a convection oven set to 425.

Bake for about 20 min, maybe check after 15, for preferred doneness. Also turn them over and roll them around a bit for even browning. The more browning on the vegetables the better in my opinion. Depending on your taste.  As I mentioned I like them really brown, so I continue to bake everything for 5 min or more. Asparagus will take less cooking time.





 These are so good you won't even need butter!

Even if you do not like brussels sprouts, try them roasted.  Roasting some how makes them less bitter.

If you count weight watcher points, only calculate the oil you add. I find 1Tbl of oil goes a long way. For each Tbl of Olive Oil you add 4 points plus, and by tossing the vegetables in a large dish you can get enough coating on the vegetables with that small amount. Divide that by 4 servings and you have 1 point for each.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment