Tuesday, September 20, 2016

GF Magic Fudge Brownies



Gluten free, egg free, dairy free, in fact…you might be surprised at exactly what is in them.






They are sweetened with dates, xylitol and stevia.  Mine have some dairy free, allergy friendly chocolate chips on top because I haven't found any without sugar cane that are also gluten free. These are really delicious even if you skipped those mini chocolate chips on top.





I like to keep mine refrigerated or even better, frozen. That way I don't feel like I have to eat them all at once…besides, they are amazing frozen!  I'm having some tonight with Allergy Friendly Vanilla Soft Serve!

I actually got this recipe at my doctors office from a lady I was visiting with in the waiting room. She was also celiac and dairy free. She reached in her purse and pulled out this recipe. She insisted I try this recipe, and promised that I would love it…she was right!!

So naturally it is only right to continue sharing! I wasn't given a name for these brownies, so I decided to call them, GF Magic Fudge Brownies.

GF Magic Fudge Brownies                      Makes a 8"x 8" pan.
1/4 cup pureed dates. Soak about 8 dates in 3/4 cup water and let sit for an hour or so. Drain excess water and puree the dates.
1/4 cup frozen mashed banana. Pre-freeze one banana, then slightly defrost in microwave and mash.
1 cup sunflower butter  *see note below on how I prepare my sunflower butter with less sweeteners.
2 Tbsp ground chia seeds, mixed with 3 Tbsp water and allowed to thicken.
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil.
2 Tbsp honey, brown rice syrup, or agave syrup. (vegans use brown rice syrup or agave)
1/4 cup xylitol
10 drops liquid stevia concentrate
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup allergy friendly semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray or additional coconut oil.
Everything is mixed in a food processor. First add mashed banana, sunflower butter and chia seed gel mixture. Process well, mixture should be smooth. Then add coconut oil, honey or syrup, pureed dates, xylitol, stevia and vanilla. Process again until smooth. Add cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Process one last time until smooth. Transfer to prepared pan and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.

If you are like me you won't be able to wait... and will try some while they are cooling!!
Cut into serving sizes of your choice and enjoy this chocolatey treat!!



And don't forget to try some frozen too.  Please continue to share this recipe with family and friends!

Weight watcher points plus followers may want to enjoy these with those extra weekly points, at 4.5 points each. Without chocolate chips 4.2 each. Worth every bite!!

* I purchase two sunflower seed butters at a time. One that is sweetened and one that is unsweetened. I open them both and combined them in a mixing bowl. Then I return this new mixture to the original sunflower seed containers. Now my sunflower butter has half the sweetener.  


Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment