Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gluten Free Crispy Oat & Goji Berry Cookies




Goji berries are a fun addition to cookies, party mixes, salads, granola, and other breakfast cereals. Actually I add them wherever a raisin might go…which could be just about anywhere with me. They are dried and full of antioxidants and vitamin A.


 I'm really excited for you to try them in these cookies. This is one of my favorite cookie recipes because there is no added fats other than the natural nut butter.


Gluten Free Crispy Oat & Goji Berry Cookies           Makes 27 cookies
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup nut butter, any flavor  (I used sunflower seed butter)
3/4 cup sugar, any granulated or dry type. (I use beet or coconut  sugar)
2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
4 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup rolled oats (old fashioned) I used gluten free.
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sorghum flour (or any other healthy type)
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal, gluten free if needed
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
1/4-1/2 cup goji berries (I used World Berries brand)


Preheat oven to 350. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
In a large mixing bowl add applesauce, nut butter, sugar, flaxseeds, and vanilla. Mix well.
Add oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in sorghum flour, or whatever you choose.
Stir in chocolate chips and cacao nibs.


Spoon about 2 Tbsp of dough onto baking sheets. Place about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Longer for a crunchier cookie.  Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.

Weight watcher points are 3.2 per cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment