Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Gluten Free Oat & Hemp Frozen Cookie Sandwich



















For my ice cream sandwich I used GF Vanilla Soft Serve I wanted to keep it low fat and healthy. Any flavor would be delicious, chocolate soft serve or peanut butter.   



















Freeze cookies and add your favorite ice cream or use one of my healthy soft serves. Here I used GF Vanilla Soft Serve.   Make some ahead and keep them in the freezer for a refreshing treat!






Here is the recipe I used for my frozen cookie sandwich.



Gluten Free Coconut, Oat & Nut - Hemp Cookies        Makes 21 Cookies

1/3 cup butter, or any dairy free option.

3/4 cup sugar, I use beet sugar. Coconut sugar is another option.
1 egg, or egg replacer equal to one egg.
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup gluten free flour of your choice. I suggest  purchasing a gluten free pre-made mix, or use one of your own favorite gluten free flour mixes. See my suggestions on the link that follows,  Gluten Free Flour Combinations For Baking.
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
3 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Using a non-stick spray is ok too.


In a mixing bowl, cream butter or butter substitute and sugar. Add vanilla and egg or egg substitute. Mix well.


In a small bowl stir together flour, oats, hemp seeds, baking soda, xanthan gum, nuts, and coconut.  Add this to butter and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined. 


Form dough into about 1 inch balls and bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will flatten. Let sit a couple minutes after removing cookies from the oven. Then cool cookies completely on wire racks.

Weight watcher points plus followers count 3 points for each cookie.


Enjoy!

http://marysbusykitchencom.blogspot.com/2013/06/peanut-butter-vanilla-gf-soft-serve.html

No comments:

Post a Comment