Monday, June 30, 2014

Banana-Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten free)



Here is a tasty, healthy cookie. 

I found this recipe in the book, My Beef With Meat.  It is called Banana-Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies.
 I made mine gluten free and I've eaten almost all of them already.  You should definitely try these!

Peanut butter could be substituted if needed for another nut or seed butter.

Optional add in...1/3 - 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal. 

 Banana-Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies  (gluten free)   Makes 15 cookies. 
                                                                                             (I made about 30 smaller cookies)   
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats - (I used gluten free)
1/2 cup  whole wheat flour  - (I used a gluten free flour blend),  Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour.
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips or raisins. I used allergy friendly mini chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.

In a large mixing bowl add bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Mix well.
In a small mixing bowl add oats, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir well. Fold in chocolate chips or raisins.

Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto lined baking sheet, I slightly flattened mine.
Bake for 12 minutes for smaller cookies, 15-18 minutes for larger cookies. I use a scoop for my cookie dough placing mounds on the baking sheet, then half way through the cooking time I slightly flatten them with a large tined fork. 
Cool on a wire rack.

These are really yummy warm!

Count 5.5 weight watcher points for large cookies and, 3 points for smaller cookies.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment