Monday, July 7, 2014

So Many Berries...

I have been busy picking and freezing and picking and freezing…

The day after we returned from a vacation in New York, my husband and I both came down with a nasty virus.  The end of that week berries were ready to pick!! So we headed out to our favorite fruit farm and picked over 140 pounds of berries.

Mean time our own cherries and berries were ready as well. So….we also picked all those. My husband pitted all the cherries he didn't give away and I froze them. Frozen cherries are a tasty treat and can be used in smoothies and sorbets too.

Currently I am making many batches of mixed berry freezer jam with all the odds and end berries I have left.


Mashing….



Measuring….



Completed!

















For the freezer jam recipe I use, click on this link, Homemade Raspberry Freezer Jam.
It's the best recipe I have ever found, and I am asked all the time what recipe I use.
The only difference today is I mixed Loganberries, Raspberries, and Marion Berries instead of using just Raspberries. Everything else is exactly the same, measurements and everything. I don't use blueberries in jam, for we have tons of other uses for them.

Enjoy your berries and the other fresh fruits of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment