Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunflower Banana-Oat Cookies - A Gluten Free Treat



I think I like these even more with sunflower butter than peanut butter!  These might look and sound a bit familiar…Banana-Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies.

In this recipe I reduced the mini chocolate chips to 1/4 cup because I felt like it was enough chocolate, add more if you like. I also went with a round shape, instead of flattening them before baking.


























 I will be making these on a regular basis for sure!

If you count weight watcher points, add 3 for each cookie.
Remember if you aren't gluten free regular flour is fine and ww points don't change.

Sunflower Banana-Oat Cookies                       Makes 30 cookies
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sunflower butter
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup gluten free flour baking mix.
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips, I used allergy friendly mini chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
In a large mixing bowl add bananas, vanilla, sunflower butter, and maple syrup. Mix well
In a small mixing bowl add oats, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir well. Fold in chocolate chips.

Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto lined baking sheet. I used a small sized cookie scoop.
Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Freeze extras unless planning on eating them up in the next few days. Did I mention how delicious they are warm? Maybe there won't be any extras!












Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment