Sunday, September 14, 2014

Frozen Pears - Simple & Delicious








Too many pears and out of ideas? Join the club!!
I have been drying pears and apples for almost a month now.

But here is a really tasty treat my husband and I came up with late one night when we were dreading the thought of filling the food dryer one more time. Don't get me wrong….we love dried fruit, but we have our limits!!




















This is so simple...
Spread the cut pieces of pear on a large baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let pears freeze completely. I just leave them in the freezer over night or while I am at work. Then dump frozen pear pieces into freezer bags and return to freezer.

Now you can have a healthy, refreshing, fat free  treat any time. And what a great snack for kids!
Of course you can also use these frozen pears for fruit crisps and cobblers throughout the year.

Weight watcher followers will love this. It's such a delicious treat and fruit is non-counting when it's not in a recipe…correct?  Don't forget grapes are a yummy frozen treat too!

Here are the pears after they are frozen.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment