Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Simple Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes



























I'm not always able to make things from scratch…there is just not enough time. But when I  added 1/2 cup pumpkin to my favorite pancake mix, I had a pancake that tasted like it was from scratch!





My favorite gluten free pancake mix is The Craving Place Gluten Free Pancake & Waffle Mix.
I love this mix because there is no sugar or fat added or needed. Simply add water until you have the consistency you prefer. A thicker mixture for a thicker pancake…and a thinner mixture for a thinner pancake. As you can see I like a thinner pancake. Thin pancakes are fast and easy to cook, I never have to wonder if the middle is fully cooked.

Add some pancake mix to a mixing bowl. I used about 1 1/2 cups. Add 3/4 cup of water to start with, 1/2 cup pumpkin, and 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon. Continue to add more water until you have the desired consistency.  Cook on a hot griddle or in a large skillet.
















I used about 1/3 cup mixture for each pancake.  Griddle as you would any other pancake. I used a non-stick spray instead of oil on my griddle.


Any time you are making pancakes be sure to let the top get nice and bubbly before flipping.




Flip pancakes and let other side get a nice golden brown.




Serve some up with some nut butters or pure maple syrup.



















Remember to freeze leftovers for a quick breakfast or use as a substitute for gluten free bread for a tasty P&J sandwich in a cold lunch.



















Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment