Wednesday, October 1, 2014

GF Zucchini Cookie Bites - a less sweet treat






 These are interesting enough to share in my opinion. Not at all sweet, infact I added mini chocolate chips and raisins in mine - without I probably wouldn't have liked them.  I also prefer to eat these frozen, as I do many things.  If you like snacks more on the healthier side continue on.

This recipe idea came from the blog,  MyWholeFoodLife, but I made a few changes for my tastes.




















GF Zucchini Cookie Bites                                     Makes about 28 cookies
2 cups gluten free oat flour  (you can make your own by processing GF old fashioned oats)
2 eggs or egg replacer equal to 2 eggs, I used egg replacer
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup pureed zucchini (approx 1 zucchini)
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, I use allergy friendly
1/3 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
Mix dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Puree zucchini in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl and let sit. When you will see water start to be released,  drain the water.  Press zucchini with paper towel to soak up more water.
Put zucchini in a mixing bowl, add the eggs or egg replacer, syrup, and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients with dry and mix until well combined.  Fold in chocolate chips and raisins.

Drop by small size cookie scoop, about 2 Tbls onto lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.  As I mentioned above...I like these cold best.
Refrigerate cookies or freeze for longer storage.


I like to grab a couple of these before a workout or after. Or I like them for a pick-me-up snack at work, without feeling like I am eating unhealthy.

Weight watchers…these little bites have just under 2 points per cookie.  Not bad!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment