Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cheezy-Chili Dip





I want to share a recipe for chips or crackers that is simple and slightly addicting. My family has been snacking on this dip for years.

It's a warm dip, that we especially like with just plain corn chips or scoops. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and about 5 more to disappear...

It's perfect for holidays, parties, or just snacking.

If you are like me and need gluten free products, the canned "bean-less" chili is difficult to find. So I suggest using your own chili recipe and leave out the beans. Of course... it would be okay to have beans in this dip too. I freeze small containers of my homemade gluten free chili, then I don't have to make a big batch for a quick dip like this.



Cheezy-Chili Dip
2  8-oz packages cream cheese
2  15oz cans chili with out beans (or a gluten free substitute)
2/3 cup grated sharp cheese
6 drops  Tobasco
corn chips or scoops or crackers

In a medium size sauce pan stir cream cheese and chili over medium low heat, add tabasco and cheese. Continue to heat until mixture begins to simmer. When mixture is fully heated and a nice creamy consistency remove from heat and pour into a small bowl.

I use a microwave safe bowl so I can warm dip up if needed.

Serve with chips or crackers.  Store leftovers in refrigerator.






Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment