Sunday, February 1, 2015

French Toast Pancakes - gluten & dairy free



The most delicious idea I have ever had for pancakes is right here!

Even better they are gluten, dairy, and egg free. You  can use any pancake recipe you like, I used my favorite package mix for gluten free pancakes, The Craving Place.

I was making my husband his favorite  breakfast, Quick & Easy Allergy Friendly French Toast -
and decided I was craving this too…but realized I was out of gluten free bread!  I had just made some gluten free pancakes though…

Guess what?  New favorite weekend breakfast!!  Super simple too.

First you will need some pancakes. I used, The Craving Place All Purpose Pancake and Waffle Mix. If you don't already know…it's my favorite. It has no eggs, no dairy, and no gluten. Plus a bonus…no sugar.

After you have made your pancakes, mix up the french toast mixture:

1 cup soy milk, or other non-dairy substitute.
1/3 cup flour, any gluten free type is fine. I like Pamela's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend. (Artisan has no dairy)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp optional chia seeds
1-2 Tbsp non-dairy butter substitute.
Pure maple syrup, fruit, or any favorite topping of your choice.

In a shallow bowl or pie plate whisk together first 4 ingredients. Let sit about 3 minutes. 
*Optional - Sprinkle some chia seeds over mixture before dipping pancakes.
Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium high. Add some butter substitute, let it melt leaving a light coating over skillet or griddle. Dip one pancake at a time, coating both sides. Place in skillet or on hot griddle and cook until nicely golden brown on both sides. Add more butter substitute to skillet as needed. If french toast mixture gets too thick, add a little more non-dairy milk substitute. 

Serve warm French Toast Pancakes with syrup, fruit, or whatever you like!!



Enjoy!



So easy!  Just these few steps:

Dip…



                                    griddle….



                                                             both sides - a nice golden brown...







Add syrup and/or toppings.






            Devour!!



I sure hope you like them : )


2 comments:

  1. The food is absolutely amazing. I hope I could taste and cook that in actual, maybe if I have much time since I am so busy working. Anyways, thanks for sharing your article. God Bless and have a good day. Visit my site too.

    triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I understand being busy, it's hard to fit everything in that's for sure! Best of luck to you.

      Delete