Friday, July 31, 2015

Double Chocolate & Nut Energy Bites with Cacao Nibs - a gluten free delight!



















 I always feel kind of left out as far as the whole "Nutella" thing, since I am allergic to hazel nuts.

Thank goodness I can get a peanut butter spread with dark chocolate... which also gave my energy bites a delicious new twist. I used the Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark Chocolate, which is also dairy free.

Two nice things about this product is that it has 60% less sugar than some other popular products and 3 grams less fat than regular peanut butter.




Perfect for any chocolate craving!


If you count weight watcher points each energy bite is 4 points.





















Double Chocolate & Nut Energy Bites with Cacao Nibs                 Makes 26 Energy Bites
2 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free if needed)
2/3 cups honey, or 1/3 cup honey and 1/3 cup agave syrup (vegan use agave syrup)
1 cup natural peanut butter spread with dark chocolate
1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, I used allergy friendly Enjoy Life
3 Tbsp cacao nibs, (1/4 cup if you love them like me)
1/4 cup chopped mixed nuts, or your choice of nuts

Mix honey or agave syrup with peanut butter in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined. I often end up using my hands to really get things mixed up well.
Form balls the size of walnuts and place on wax paper. These can be eaten at room temperature or cold, but please store them in the refrigerator or freezer.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment