Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sun Butter No Bake Granola Clusters




Move over chocolate no-bake cookies...even though I do love them!

Check these out as a little healthier option for a change. And if you are like me, it's nice to have some favorite recipes using sun butter too.

























No need to limit yourself to just one flavor though, this recipe is delicious with any nut butter. The original recipe calls for almond butter, Chocolate Almond Granola Bites from the blog, My Baking Addiction. Click on the link to try the original version.


I changed it up a bit to fit my personal needs.
My family loves them and my husband said, "leave them out...I'm going to eat the whole pan!'



By the way...if you make these when you are hungry, you are in big trouble!!
In fact, you may want to just double the batch and save some time : )















Sun Butter No Bake Granola Clusters                Makes 15-18 depending on size
1/3 cup agave syrup
1/3 cup sun butter (sunflower butter) or any nut butter of your choice.
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of your favorite granola, I used a low-fat, gluten free granola.
1 cup old-fashioned oats, I used gluten free.
2-3 Tbsp chopped nuts, any variety. I used mixed.
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used an allergy friendly chip.

Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Combine agave, sun butter, and coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Over low heat stir constantly until mixture is smooth and warm. Remove from heat and add vanilla, stir.  Set aside.

In a medium sized bowl combine all the rest of the ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix well.
Pour cooled syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. It's ok if they melt a little.

*For a chocolate flavored cluster, add chocolate chips to warm sun butter mixture and stir until all or almost all chocolate is melted. Stir cereal mixture into chocolate mixture (I add it to the sauce pan) and mix well.

Spoon out mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, or use a cookie scoop for a more uniform shape.
Refrigerate or freeze until set.  Store in refrigerator or freezer as well.




Enjoy!






This post is linked to Savoring Saturdays.

10 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I'm sure my family would go crazy over them. :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Savoring Saturdays! Hope to see you back this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raia! I eat these from the point of mixing the ingredients to when they are frozen...they are seriously addicting!

      Delete
  2. Hey Mary, just stopping in again to let you know that these were the most popular recipe at Savoring Saturdays, so we'll all be featuring them at this weekend's party. Hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope folks try them and love them as much as we do!
      I did try to share a recipe and it wouldn't let me...not sure why. I'll give it another try. I really enjoy checking out all the creative & delicious ideas on Savoring Saturdays.

      Delete
  3. These look delish. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think...remember you can experiment with different granolas and nut butters. Hope you like them!!

      Delete
  4. These are the perfect little snack bite!! I love them and am a self-declared granola queen (making a new batch today actually!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more!! Now you see why I always make a double batch!! Lol...enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious Mary. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And your welcome...sharing is the whole reason for my blog!!

      Delete