Monday, August 3, 2015

Zucchini Noodles




Need a new idea for zucchini?    How about zoodles?

I kind of put off trying these to be honest.  Big mistake! This is a great idea. I like them cooked as well as raw.

Add them to pasta dishes, stir-fry, soups or salads.  Toss them in a hot skillet with a little olive oil and garlic for  a few minutes, season with some salt and pepper, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top for a simple vegetable side dish. Weight watcher followers skip the olive oil and Parmesan for a 0 point side dish.

We like to  add them to our plate while we are dishing up pasta, top with some sauce and that is a simple way to add a vegetable to dinner.




One to two zucchini makes a nice size pile of noodles.

There are several different types of "zoodle" makers available...I just bought a simple, inexpensive  one.

This clever contraption is easy to use...just twist the zucchini in one side...and the noodles will come out the other side.  It is sharp, so be careful when children are helping in the kitchen.











If you count weight watcher points...zucchini noodles are a wonderful addition to meals and recipes.




Enjoy and explore with your zucchini noodles!




2 comments:

  1. It's a GREAT idea & so yummy!! I started cutting out carbs since my best friend/roommate had a heart attack in March 2015. I substitute squash for spaghetti and I was amazed how good it was, I didn't even miss the noodles. I also made a simple & oh so delicious spaghetti sauce. I bought a slicer at HSN.com and its the best, I can use it for all kinds of veggies and it makes dishes look so appealing! Salads are amazing too! Plus it's fun every time I use it & so easy... Here's the link if interested: https://www.hsn.com/products/kitchen-master-veggie-spiralizer-with-carrot-peeler/7375064

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info...I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete