Sunday, October 25, 2015

Applesauce - Quina Pancakes... with or without nuts






















One of the things I love about pancakes is that they are so versatile. And leftovers make delicious gluten free peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunches or snacks.





Today I decided to add applesauce to my favorite pancake mix.  My favorite  pancake mix is, The Craving Place.

I love this mix  because it's gluten, dairy, egg, and sugar free. No added fat as well. It's a got that great "original pancake" flavor and is perfect for "add-ins.

Visit the links below for  my pumpkin and chocolate add-ins too.
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Pancakes       Simple Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes








     













Of course any favorite pancake mix will be fine,  just add less water or dairy free milk and add in applesauce and quinoa. Add additional liquid as needed.  Cook on a hot griddle and enjoy!
No added fat...no added sugar.


For the last few pancakes I tossed in some chopped nuts.





Here are the basics of what I did...measurements do not have to be exact.



















Applesauce - Quinoa Pancakes
1 1/2 cups pancake mix
1/4 -1/3 cup quinoa flakes
3/4 -1 cup applesauce
1 -1 1/2 cups water (start with 1 cup and add from there for desired consistency)

chopped nuts optional

I scoop about 1/3 cup  pancake mixture at a time for the right sized pancakes. Cooking on a hot griddle sprayed with a non-stick product. Allow pancake to become bubbly all over the top before flipping to the other side. Continue cooking until both sides are a nice golden brown.

Serve them up





or cool on a wire rack for snacking later ...or freezing.





















Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment