Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Better Breakfast Cookie - gluten free



Many many batches of Breakfast Cookies with Quinoa & Zucchini have been enjoyed over the last year in my kitchen. 

But when I added some leftover zucchini and carrots, and then tossed in some roasted pumpkin seeds...I now had my husband eating them too.





Better Breakfast Cookie -gluten free                                  Makes 20 Cookies
3 mashed bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup non-dairy milk, I used Rice or Soy milk
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
2 cups old fashioned oats - I used gluten free
1 rounded tsp cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
1/2 cup raisins (leave out for yeast free diets)

Preheat oven to 350.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.

In a large mixing bowl add mashed bananas, applesauce, vanilla, and non-dairy milk. Mix well.
Add grated zucchini and carrots. Mix well. Add oats, quinoa flakes, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
Fold in raisins and pumpkin seeds.

Scoop up dough with a medium size cookie scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
Slightly flatten and bake for about 15 -18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

Eat and enjoy a warm, fresh cookie.                                                            




















Refrigerate or freeze leftovers for longer storage.


I take them frozen in my lunch for an afternoon snack. They provide me with a healthy "pick-me-up"  snack when my blood sugar dips mid-after noon or morning.  My husband likes them with a mid-afternoon or evening cup of coffee. 




 If you count weight watcher points each cookie has 2 points.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment