Saturday, February 13, 2016

GF Peanut Butter-Banana, Coco-Nutty Cookies



 This is a healthy cookie you can be sure you're going to be making again and again.
So far everyone who has tried this healthy cookie has asked for the recipe...yes, even my mom!




 They are amazing fresh out of the oven so be careful you may eat them all right then and there.
I make a double or triple batch of this recipe just for that very reason.

A perfect snack for kids and adults!  A great "pick-me-up" in the mid-morning or mid- afternoon. And I always bring these along when we go for a hike or long bike ride.




 Peanut Butter-Banana, Coco-Nutty Cookies   Makes 15 cookies. 
                                                                                             (I made about 30 smaller cookies)   
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup or agave
2 cups old-fashioned gluten free rolled oats 
1/2 cup gluten free flour  - (I used a gluten free flour blend),  Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour.
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup gluten free crispy brown rice cereal.
1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips or raisins. I used allergy friendly mini chocolate chips.
3 Tbsp finely chopped nuts, I used walnuts
3 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
Preheat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
In a large mixing bowl add bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Mix well.
In a small mixing bowl add oats, flour, baking powder, coconut, and nuts.  Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and stir well. Fold in crispy rice cereal and chocolate chips or raisins.

Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto lined baking sheet, I slightly flattened mine.
Bake for 12 minutes for smaller cookies, 15-18 minutes for larger cookies.

*This works well for larger cookies. I use a scoop for my cookie dough placing mounds on the baking sheet, then half way through the cooking time I slightly flatten them with a large tined fork.

Cool on a wire rack.


Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. yummy recipe! i'm gluten and dairy free and it's so hard to find nice biscuit recipes!
    jen-www.abalancedbelly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that they are healthy & great tasting too! ☺️

      Delete
  2. Oooh. These would be a hit with my kids, for sure! Thank you so much for sharing them at with us at Savoring Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Raia...they are certainly a hit with my family.

    ReplyDelete