Wednesday, March 16, 2016

GF Chocolate - Almond, Cherry Chip Cookies


Here is a little power house cookie that taste a bit like a brownie...but packed with 2 grams of fiber and 1.8 grams of protein per cookie. Of course you can make them larger than I did and increase those numbers per cookie.

The original recipe for these cookies is from The Healthy Maven but I did change a couple things to suit my needs.

I really like dried cherries and chocolate together, so I cut some dried cherries into thirds and added them to the mix. This gave these cookies a bit more chewiness...which I love.

















I often use mini chocolate chips in my cookies so more chocolate is dispersed throughout, and I get chocolate in every bite.




GF Chocolate - Almond, Cherry Chip Cookies                Makes 15 Cookies
3/4 cup almond butter (or other nut butter if needed)
1/4 cup honey or agave for plant-based diets
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/3 cup dried cherries, cut in half or thirds
3 Tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used allergy friendly gluten & dairy free chips

Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium size mixing bowl add almond butter, honey or agave, and egg. Mix well.
Stir in cocoa powder and coconut flour. Add dried cherries and chocolate chips, stir to combine.

Using a small melon ball scooper or about 2 Tbsp of dough, form balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass jar or the palm of your hand. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 8-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. 

Enjoy a fresh cookie or freeze for a fudgy treat. 






No comments:

Post a Comment