Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Peanut Butter, Chocolate - Cinnamon Snack Mix- a gluten free favorite



I'm a big time snacker. It's not uncommon for me to grab a snack every couple of hours.  I try to keep my snacks as healthy as possible, but they also have to taste good. 

This mix makes me feel like I'm eating one of my all time favorite treats...can you guess what it is? But this mix has less sugar and fat, so I can eat more...which I like!






I make a big bowl of this mix to take in the car for snacking on the way to the beach,  I take some to snack on at work, and I often have a bowl on the counter for my family to grab anytime during the day. 

The cereal isn't heavily coated with peanut butter but it has just enough with the cinnamon and chocolate to make it a tasty treat. Of course you can always add more peanut butter to your mix!! Experiment a little until you get it how "you" like it.




















Peanut Butter, Chocolate - Cinnamon Snack Mix
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
6-7 cups Gluten Free Chex Cereal - Corn and/or Rice Flavored Chex.
1 cup of each - Chocolate and Cinnamon flavored Chex.

In a mixing bowl combine:
Gluten Free Chex Cereal - any combination you decide on.
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp peanut butter, melted (chunky or smooth).  I use a natural smooth brand.
To melt peanut butter I put the measured amount in a glass custard dish and microwave until the peanut butter is pourable. It should only take 30 to 40 seconds at the most.
Pour over cereal and stir until evenly coated. Let sit a few minutes. Store in an airtight container.

For a smaller size batch follow these measurements:
1 1/2 cups Corn or Rice Chex
1/2 - 3/4 cups of both Cinnamon and Chocolate Chex
2 Tbsp peanut butter, melted

Mix it all together and enjoy!

One more idea...and it's really good!!  Add a bag of salted popcorn to this snack mix...I promise you will love it!



Happy Snacking! 



No comments:

Post a Comment